How do you define success? Is it money, happiness or a balance of both? How much money is enough and how do you define happiness? As a leader in your organization, where are you in the equation; and as an employee, what does your organization do to offer you both?
With any company, whether you are a small start-up company or a large international conglomerate, they both face the same two key challenges: (1) Hiring the Right People, with the greater challenge of (2) Keeping the Right People! This is where Strategic Human Resources Planning and Development practices come into action to partner with organizations to ensure that the right policies and programs are in place to create a Culture for Success. The added bonus to this is the recognition and branding as an Employer of Choice which is priceless. Examples within the tech industry include Amazon, Zappos, Google, Microsoft, IBM, Salesforce, Oracle, etc. Everyone must remember that they did not start off as a huge global organization, but instead started as small start-ups quickly growing into a multi-billion-dollar entity.
How did they do this? With the right leaders who believe and recognize the financial impact of creating and maintaining a Culture for Success. How are these leaders able to do this? By hiring, keeping and developing their most valuable asset; their Intellectual Capital. Their people! This is why people want to work for these organizations and head-hunters are always trying to poach people from these organizations. The better questions to ask are, why are these companies overflowing with qualified candidates when a job is posted? Why do the current employees not leave and why are they passionately supportive about their employers and employment?
How can we help you become an employer of choice?
For smaller organizations who do not have an HR department or are questioning if they are following current and new legislation, or if the leaders are spending too much time or money calling their lawyers on HR related issues; we can help and you can trust us to protect and move you towards the goal of Employer of Choice. We recognize that the time and energy for a leader to deal with HR based issues can be exhausting, but we can partner with you so can find the balance to build your Culture for Success AND to deal with technical development and client issues. For larger organizations, we can work with your teams to provide expert consultation and advice so you can devote the time you don`t have to other front-facing priorities while maintaining your Employer brand and/or to grow your brand.
We believe in assessing what you currently have in place and then working with you on priorities to build on your foundation. Recognizing that capital resources can be challenging for organizations; our HR experts can work with your organization to match your needs and resources so you can take steps into the realm of Employer of Choice within a Culture of Success for your Intellectual Capital.
- Recruitment & Sourcing of Candidates
- Pipeline Development
- Recruitment Metrics – Time to fill
- On-boarding/Orientation Programs
- On-boarding & Exit Interviews
- Strategic Human Resources Planning
- Workforce Planning & Headcount
- Employee/Management/Executive Training & Development
- Retention programs with Pipeline Development
- Succession Planning
- Mentor/Mentee Programs
- Fast-Track Management Programs
- Pay Scales
- Pay for Performance
- Programs & Design
- Pay Equity
- Benefits – Analysis
- Negotiation and Design for Medical, Dental, EAP and Pension Programs
Metrics reporting for Recruitment
- Time to Fill
- Employee Surveys & Engagement
- Headcount (FTE)
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Employee Database Information Systems (HRIS)
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Pay Equity
- Employment Equity
- General regulated Employment Standards
- Corporate Policy development & communications (eg. Company Policy Manual)
Labour and Employee Relations
- Contract Negotiations
- Employee infractions
- Complaints and Investigations (Canada & USA)
Employee Performance & Disability Management
- Executive & Employee Coaching
- Annual Performance Review Design & Implementation
- Performance Documentation & Communications
- Acquisitions & Integration
- Process Re-Engineering
- Project Management
- Workforce Alignment & Communications
- Image and Perception for recruitment & retention (eg. Best Workplace, Best Employer, etc.)
- Industry & Trade presence